2.18.2010

Menu Options

*Because The Organic Kitchen's insurance company isn't keen on people drinking and handling sharp knives, a variety of delicious non alcoholic beverages will be served with each menu.

** Many of the menus at the Organic Kitchen are heavy on plant sources of food and light on the animal products, making most of them easily adaptable for our vegetarian friends!

Pesto Salmon~ A light, beautiful meal for lunch or dinner!
Sparkling Mango Lemonade
Cheesy Rosemary Bread Crisps
Greens and Lemon Vinaigrette
Sauteed Salmon with Basil Pesto
Orange Vanilla Creme Brulee


Fabulous Dinner Party~ Great presentation! Tons of technique!
Roasted Garlic Lemon Chicken with White Wine Reduction
Roasted Rosemary Potatoes, Shallots and Carrots
Autumn Salad with Pomegranate Vinaigrette
Molten Spice Chocolate Cabernet Cakes


A Few of My Favorite Things~ Oven brick roasted chicken!
Herb Roasted Italian Style Chicken
Parmesan Smashed Potatoes
Greens and Berries with Citrus White Balsamic
Roasted Carrots and Shallots with Gremolata
White Chocolate Raspberry Clusters


Yo Quiero Mas!~ Limes, cilantro, chiles...The Organic Kitchen take on Mexican food!
Spicy Caramelized Nuts
Roasted Lime Chicken
Chunky Guacamole
Salsa Mexicana and Mucho Mango Salsa
Caramelized Veggie Quesadillas
Roasted Carrots and Shallots with Gremolata
Liquados~ Mango Lime Smoothies


Perfect Summer Barbeque ~ Invite your friends over for this spicy treat!
Sparkling Organic Mango Lemonade
Hummus and Pita Appetizer
Fresh and Easy Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
Warm Potato and Green Bean Salad with Basil and Pine Nuts
Sweet Chipotle Pork Tenderloin
The Moistest Lemon Cake Evah!~ You have lucky friends!

Keen on Quinoa ~ A light and healthy summer menu
Watermelon and Feta Appetizer
Grilled Artichoke with Garlic Aioli
Quinoa Salad and Grilled Salmon with Lemon Dijon Dressing
Passionfruit Frappe


Chillin' and Grillin'!~ A scrumptious follow up to the Perfect Summer BBQ class!
Organic Strawberry Lemonade "Family Friendly Sangria"
Butter Leaf Lettuce with Pear Vinaigrette
Apricot Ginger Chicken Kabobs
Moroccan Couscous
Grilled Asparagus
Berries and Creme Anglaise


Lets Take This Outside!~ Great menu for a backyard bash!
Fresh Squeezed Pomegranate Lemonade
Mixed Berry Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette
Pasta and Fresh Corn off the Cob with Onions and Bell Peppers
Tri- Tip with Red Wine BBQ Sauce and Caramelized Onions
Lemon Cookies with Mascarpone and Strawberries!


The Backyard Bash~ Argentinian beef with Chimi sauce...Muy Rico!
Greens with Golden Balsamic and Rosemary Pecans and Fresh Peaches
Roasted Asparagus, Potatoes and Carrots
Argentinian Beef Kabobs with Chimichurri Sauce
Berries in Compote with Vanilla Sour Cream


Summer Pasta Partay! ~ A no fuss menu for a small get together (vegetarian)
Warm macadamia Nut Crusted Goat Cheese with Mangos
Summer Chopped Salad with Apple Vinaigrette
Farfalle Pasta with Roasted Butternut Squash, Spinach and Caramelized Onions
Blueberry Citrus White Chocolate Frappe


"When the Moon Hits Your Eye"~ Yep! Homemade pizza! (No knife skills in this class)
Rosemary Parmesan Flatbread with two Toppings
Tomato, Basil Pesto and Fresh Mozzarella Pizza
Butternut Squash with Smoked Mozzerella and Walnuts
Prosciutto Caramelized Onion and Goat Cheese Pizza


Pasta! Pasta! Pasta! ~ Five amazing pastas loaded with veggies! (vegetarian menu)
Tortellini with Sun Dried Tomatoes and Spinach
Farfalle with Warm Tomatoes and Pine Nuts
Penne Pasta with Asparagus, Pine Nuts and Cream Sauce
Linguini with Bell Peppers and Serrano Chilis
Pasta with Basil Pesto

The Venetian~ New Italian menu!
The Heirloom Salad
Caramelized Sweet Bell Pepper Bruschetta
Linguini with Chicken, Sun Dried Tomatoes and Goat Cheese
Orange Cranberry Pound Cake


That's So Random~ a few things I just threw together (Vegetarian friendly!)
Spinach Salad with Warm Roasted Carrots and Israeli Couscous
Artisan Bread with Parmesan Artichoke Heart Dipping Oil
French Lentil Soup
Browned Butter Brownies

La Dulce Vita ~ With this menu, life really is sweet!
Roasted Beet and Carrot Salad with Lemon White Balsamic Vinaigrette
Spaghetti Carbonara and
Sauteed Veggie Trio
Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Pecan Cookies with Orange Glaze
  

Flavors of Fall~  Two amazing pastas in this vegetarian menu!
Roasted Tri-Colored Tomato Bruschetta
Greens with Pears and Fig Balsamic Vinaigrette
Sun Dried Tomato Pesto Linguine
Pasta Aglio e Olio (Garlic and Oil)
Caramelized "Apple Pie" a la mode!


Tropical Salmon~ Colorful, light and tasty!
Easy Crostini
Apple and Avocado Salad with Tangerine Dressing
Crispy Sauteed Salmon with Mucho Mango Salsa
Lemon Vanilla Creme Brûlée


That's Amore!~ A romantic dinner menu!
Easy Crostini
Greens with Passion Fruit Vinaigrette
Chicken Piccata and Linguini
Berries in a Pastry Basket with Vanilla Whipped Cream


That's Amore! The Sequel~ Rich and decadent or light and tasty depending on the season!
Greens with Caramelized Pears and Raspberry Vinaigrette
Scallops with Butter Sauce served over...
Butternut Puree (in Fall/Winter) Jeweled rice (in Spring/ Summer)
Chocolate Chip Oatmeal pecan Cookies with Orange Zest Glaze


Steak au Poivre~ An elegant meat and potatoes meal ($75 class fee)
Filet Mignon with Peppercorns and Garlic Chive Butter
Au Gratin Potatoes
Candied Carrots with Orange Zest
Baby Spinach with White Balsamic
Berries in a Delicate Pastry Basket


Just for the Halibut ~ Light fluffy white fish served with an amazing mango sauce!
Greens with Roasted Asparagus and Raspberry Vinaigrette
Macadamia Nut Crusted Halibut with Mango Puree and Basmati Rice
Banana Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting


Just for the Halibut...With an Accent! Ole! ~ Light fluffy white fish with a spicy salsa!
No fuss appetizer platter
Pistachio Crusted Halibut with Roasted Red Pepper and Avocado Salsa
Cilantro Lime Rice
Blueberry Lemon ~ Lime Pound Cake


The Road to Morocco ~ Slow cooked chicken with Eastern flavor
Hummus Platter with Pita
Green Salad with Pears and Goat Cheese
Tender Savory Chicken
Basmati Rice and Sautéed Vegetables
Chocolate Bark with Nuts and Sea Salt


Nuts for Butternut! ~Everything you wanted to know about butternut squash but were afraid to ask! (No knife skills in this class)
Greens with Roasted Butternut Squash and Spicy Pepitas
Creamy Butternut Squash Soup
Butternut Squash Ravioli with a Sage Butter Sauce
Spiced Vanilla Buttermilk Cake


Not the Same Ol' Same Ol'~ Tired of the same old chicken and potatoes? Spice it up!
Pecan Crusted Chicken
Baked Sweet Potatoes with Jalepeno Sauce
Greens with Goat Cheese and Honey Dijon Dressing
Blanched Green Beans with Olive Oil and Garlic
Orange Cake with Vanilla Mascarpone


C'mon a My House!~ Easy Italian menu!
The "House Salad"
Crusted Chicken Tenders with Sage Cream (served over...)
Linguine with Warm Tomatoes
Olive Oil Cake with Berries


Soup, Salad and Tartines Anyone? Rich but light and so good for you! Vegetarian optional:)
Roasted Vegetable Soup
Wild Rice and Arugula Salad with Roasted Chicken (optional) Pear Chardonnay Vinaigrette
Tartines (mini open faced sandwiches)
Mini Chocolate Cakes and Homemade Salted Caramel Sauce

Comfort Food Organic Kitchen Style! Gourmet versions of your most comforting favorites:)
Roasted Veggie Salad with Shaved Parmesan and Balsamic Vinaigrette
Gourmet Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Creamy Tomato Carrot Soup with Parmesan and Crispy Onions
Vanilla Spiced Hot Chocolate With Vanilla Whipped Cream
(vegetarian friendly:)


There's an App for That! Seven appetizers that are a hit at every party! (vegetarian menu)
Strawberries with Mascarpone and Lemon Curd
Spicy Caramelized Nuts
Sun Dried Tomato/Pesto/Cheese Platter
Avocado Caprese Salad with Italian 'Salsa' and Pita
Caramelized Sweet Bell Pepper Bruschetta
Hummus Trio Veggie and Pita Platter



Caprese Chicken... Roasted tomatoes, artichoke hearts, mozzarella and basil served over tender chicken breasts (in the works)
Spinach Salad with Apples, Cashews and Berries
Caprese Chicken
Linguine
Browned Butter Brownies


Pasta! Revisited... Three main dish pastas...yum! (still in the works!)
Fettuccine with Peas, Asparagus and Pancetta
Spinach and Asparagus Spaghettini with Salmon
Farfalle with Roasted Butternut Squash, Caramelized Onions and Spinach

Rise and Shine!~ You asked for it, you got it. A yummy breakfast class! (still in the works!)
Fruit Smoothies
Whole Grain French Toast with Ricotta Cheese and Berries
Freshly Made No Cook Jam
Veggie Fritatta
Berries, Mascarpone and Balsamic Glaze



Sharing the love... Testimonials

Was just looking through my new cookbook (Seasonal Favorites from The Organic Kitchen) and I literally want to make everything in it! How many cookbooks can you say that about? Margie D.

Thanks for inspiring me in my cooking journey. One way or another  you touch my cooking process everyday and what you have taught me has definitely improved the way I think about food and how healthy I feed my family. ~ Jill W.

Thank you so much for tonight's class (Pasta, Pasta,Pasta!)! You have such a gift for not only cooking but making people feel confident that they can do it! I look forward to my next class. Nicole C

"Somehow you manage to make food that is healthy taste so good it seems like it should be bad for you... but it's not." Lisa R.

"I am sure people tell you this everyday, but your classes have changed my life. I always cook your recipes and my husband is so happy!" Chantelle B

My wife and I love taking your classes. Thanks for all the tips and advice, we are eating and feeling better than we ever have before. Craig E.

Hosted my first Christmas Eve dinner for family and friends this year and all the cooking skills you've taught me came into play-- I kept thinking, I need to text Linda and thank her. So THANK YOU for making our holiday a bright and wonderful success! xox Samarah M.

Dear Linda, I have really enjoyed your classes this year! I appreciate all you put into them and just want to thank you for teaching me the skills and wonderful healthy recipes that will benefit my family for as long as I can cook for them! Wishing you and Catherine a healthy New year! Kimberly T.

Linda thank you so much! Your class was everything your website said and more! Mamie K.

My boyfriends kids want me to marry their dad after eating the food I have learned to make in your classes:)

Thank you so much for the wonderful class! My only regret is that I did not come sooner. Your home is beautiful, and the food was amazing. I learned so much I can't wait to put what I learned into action. Look forward to more classes! ~Samantha M.

My husband and I have had so much fun on our 'date nights' at your classes. Good food, good people and the best part is we can cook together at home! Lori B.

I loved the class last night! I want to come as often as I can. It was so much fun and the food was so good! I think I need private lessons for the knife skills:) Lori S.

For the first time in my life I am cooking without recipes! I am actually excited about making meals instead of dreading it and my family raves. I have learned so much from your classes and look forward to every single one! ~ Tracy M.

I just wanted to tell you that I really enjoy taking your classes! I never thought I could cook to save my life and now I am preparing dishes thanks to you! Having my family love the food is an added bonus:) Krista R


I had such a wonderful time last night! All, and I mean all the dishes were amazing! You have such a talent! I look forward to taking another class! ~ Arlene W.

Linda I just wanted to let you know that I made your Road to Morocco menu tonight and it was a hit! My husband and kids were so impressed and loved it! It made me very excited to learn more amazing recipes from you at The Organic Kitchen classes. Thanks from the bottom of my heart. I was feeling bad about not giving my family home cooked meals and you have given me faith in my cooking abilities! ~ Lori R.

Linda, I had to share this with you...I did the roasted chicken, vegetables and salad today. My husbands comment before dinner was "Wow, this is a meal you can enjoy for hours" (meaning he loved how the house smelled). He just loved the dinner, everything about it. We are learning so much! Many, many thanks!~ Diane V.

Linda, Thanks for the nice evening. I know everyone really enjoyed it. The food was great and everyone enjoyed your presentation. Thank Mari for us too. I really think the evening exceeded expectations!~ Dottie D.

Linda, We had a great time last night and the food was excellent! The menus are delicious, easy to prepare and practical. BTW, we learn more in your class than any other we have taken. Your approach to teaching is truly unique and fun. Thanks!~ Jill W.

Thank you Linda. I learned so much last night (Pasta! class). I went out and bought some new salt today and used it with our dinner..."baby steps". I loved all of the recipes and the company was great too. I hope I can take another class again soon! ~ Janelle M.

Dear Linda, What a delightful evening we spent learning to make the most scrumptious meal, which was also healthy! (Fab Dinner Party) We learned so much from you and had such fun doing it! I learned so many tricks I will want to use, even beyond these new treasured recipes.
Gratefully~ Ann

Thank you so much for such a wonderful class, delicious and exciting recipes. Thank you for all you do to make your class so exciting and tasty. I loooooved the caramelized pecans! ~ Ina T

My wife made the menu she learned at your class and it was awesome! (Perfect Summer BBQ) It really was amazing. I want her to take all your classes, so thank you! ~ Bryan (left on my voicemail... so cute)

I had nine family and friends over for dinner and they all loved it! It was perfect! Thanks for all your help!~ Kathy H. (Steak Au Poivre)

Linda I loved the class (Fab Dinner Party) and can't wait to take another one! You are an amazing teacher! ~ Catherine J.

Linda- Thanks so much for your awesome classes! I can't believe the change in myself. After taking your classes I was inspired to start cooking more, and I am actually enjoying it!! I make one of your pasta dishes every week, our favorite is the pasta with asparagus. And the roast chicken, WOW! Who would have ever thought I could roast a whole chicken and have it turn out so well? My husband loved it.
Everytime you add a new menu I think to myself, "I need to sign up for that one!" Your classes are money well spent. Can't wait for the steak class next week, thanks again, Linda!~ Judy P.

Linda, I had so much fun last night! You are fabulous at what you do and I really learned a lot. I can't wait to take another class!~ Melanie H.

Linda, I wanted to thank you and Ashley for taking such good care of us and presenting a fantastic meal (Tropical salmon) and recipes! You have a unique talent that is very appreciated!!!~ Sue S

Dear Linda, what an amazing meal! (C'mon a My House)
Thank you so much, you did a great job teaching us your techniques and sharing your recipes. Cooking is s bit of a hobby for me and I learned so many new things. I hope to come again soon and bring my daughter and some friends. Still full and satisfied~ Sondy

Hi Linda, it was such a great time! And the food was delicious. Can't wait to make it all this weekend. Yummy!! Can't wait to see you again soon. Thanks for a great cooking class...awesome!~ Debbie D.


Hi Linda,
I can't say how much we have enjoyed all of the courses we have taken. Tried to short Jon on salad dressing the other night and use bottled instead of one of your recipes. Jon's comment "that tasted awful next time lets use Linda's dressings." and then last week he up and says "when is your next cooking class? You haven't been for awhile." We have gotten spoiled with the good eats and look forward to our next class with you. Thank you so much for the healthier diets. ~ Megan M.